Invisalign is an orthodontic device that is used to correct misaligned teeth. It is a transparent removable aligner that is placed on the teeth to push it to the desired position. At Smiles Ahead Family Dentistry, the dentists offer Invisalign for patients who prefer a removable device over traditional braces.
Advantages of Invisalign Aligners
- Invisalign helps to enhance the appearance of the patient by correcting the misaligned teeth.
- It bridges the gaps in between the teeth.
- The aligner resolves bite conditions like overbite and underbite.
- Invisalign promotes the confidence of the patient regarding their smile.
- The treatment provides effective results that help to maintain overall dental hygiene.
- It does not cause any soft tissue injury to the patient.
- There are no diet instructions to be followed during the treatment procedure.
Dental Procedure for Invisalign
The procedure for Invisalign is initiated through a complete analysis of the patient's dental condition. The dentist evaluates the patient's mouth with the help of a small concave mirror and X-Rays obtained from the digital imaging system. An ideal treatment plan is drafted for the patient and explained through 3D images to the patients.
The impressions of the teeth are obtained and sent to the laboratory for the fabrication of multiple Invisalign aligners. The dentist places the Invisalign aligner on the teeth and checks for any adjustments. The patient should wear the aligners for 22 hours a day to attain effective results. The duration of treatment varies considering the dental condition of the patient.
- The patient should remove the Invisalign aligner while brushing and flossing their teeth.
- It should be placed in the cleaning solution when not in use.
- Invisalign aligner should be rinsed thoroughly before placing it back on the teeth.
- The patient should remove the aligner while consuming food.
- Visit the dentist regularly to analyze the change in position of the teeth.
- After the treatment procedure, the dentists advise the use of retainers to maintain the teeth.
Invisalign is an excellent treatment option for patients who prefer to avoid traditional braces. It does not affect the appearance of the patient and helps to provide effective results.
Smiles Ahead Family Dentistry, located in Columbus, OH offers the best dental care services to the patient with the help of expert dentists and modern amenities. Dial (614) 818-9420 and book an appointment with the dentistry to know more about Invisalign and other dental care services.